Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm Here!!

So, after a long day of moving Kayla into her apartment uptown. I traveled down south to move into the convent on Saturday! Most of my roommates moved in on Saturday so we spent some time getting to know one another and picking other roommates up from the airport in our super sweet pontiac teal minivan. Sunday we had the commissioning mass and bbq for family and friends. The mass was really nice and we had a small choir which sounded great! I have some roommates who have incredible voices. Kayla and Mom were able to make it down and were able to meet my house coordinator Lisa and the Executive director Deacon John. My roommates are all wonderful. I can't wait to get to know them better but so far we get along famously and really have fun together. Tonight is our first community dinner so two people are learning to prepare a meal for 12 people! We have orientation until the 14th of August and it is really laid back and we get out early or have mornings off so it is nice to ease into the program. I start my job orientation on August 18th! Our neighborhood is McKinley park which is actually a really nice area and the park is great! We have a nice swimming pool and an ice skating rink. 10 tennis courts and a basketball court. I will post pictures as soon as I remember to take my camera on one of our walks! I hope all is well with everyone at home. I am absolutely LOVING it here. I love being in a city and the program I am in sounds wonderful and so far has surpassed expectations. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bri! I'm so happy for you, this sounds like an amazing start to a fresh new life. :) I can't wait to read all the news that's fit to print. ;) Have so much fun -- and keep us updated! Much love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bri-I'm so excited that you have a blog so we can hear what you are up to. It sounds like an amazing experience, and what fun for you to be near Kayla! I saw a big Chicago storm on the news today. I hope all is well.
xo, Sandy

mary ann emswiler said...

OMG, Bri! Your uncle Jim is never going to let you live down the fact that you've moved into a convent! Seriously, I'm glad you're already loving it . . . and that you're doing this blog. What a great way to let us all know what's happening! Stay well. Love ya.

Unknown said...

I love you! I am SO proud of you! It sounds like you are having such an amazing time! I can't wait to see pictures! *Ahem*
Love you!!!
Mush
Laura
AKA Petty Officer Second Class Hoffner....yessss