Thursday, August 28, 2008

Preschool- AHHH!

Ok, so I am so sorry the updates are coming few and far between but I am just catching my breath now after our first week of school is over!
I am working in preschool which is wonderful/wild. The kids range from 3-5 and are at so many stages in their life they are just nutso. But also very cute. This is not the age I was really hoping for but it is where the needed me and boy do they need help. I can't imagine not having Ms. Hawkins around. We have 27 children registered and about 25 of them show up everyday. They cap it around 30 ish. In a small room. Absolutely ridiculous.
The school I work at is called Visitation Catholic School and it is pre-k through 8th grade. They, like most Catholic schools in the area, are struggling with enrollment because it is expensive to send your kids to private school. However, they are very generous here when it comes to financial aid etc...
I can't say I love it but I don't hate it. Preschool is nice because they NAP! for almost 2 hours a day. I have been reading Harry Potter so I just sit back and relax after lunch and watch them sleep. Basically our day is over by 12 when they go down. But from 7:30 to 12 it is crazy crazy. The kids have so much energy and reallyare adorable and they soak up everything you say. I can't wait to see how much they grow over the year. I think that will be the coolest part of my job. I am sorry to everyone I keep playing phone tag with or are trying to get in touch with me. Since we eat so late and the time difference it is hard to call at a reasonable hour. I will get better at it! I hope all is well and I promise I will have fun stories to tell soon!

1 comment:

mary ann emswiler said...

Hey, Bri: Sounds like you have your hands full!!!! So if the kids go to sleep for 2 hours at noon and that's your day, does that mean you're off by 2:30 or so? That, at least, gives you a fair amount of time to relax a bit every day, right?

I found a book I'd been recommending to you at a discount bookstore, so I'll put it in the mail to you tomorrow or so. Meanwhile, enjoy the week! Love, Mary Ann