Sunday, September 7, 2008
Excuse me sir!
So, one of the little boys in my class calls me sir. I have tried to explain to him why I am not, in fact, a sir but its hopeless with a 3 year-old. I think its funny and cute and polite which is refreshing. School is going well. We are finally starting to have some organized chaos. We have new students all of the time so I will be bringing a group of the youngest to our other classroom to do work since they are at different levels than those who are older. I have been working on testing each student which I have LOVED because it gets me out of the chaos and I get to work one on one with the students. I am starting to like where I am and I don't feel like hitting up a bar everyday after work anymore!
I went to my second White Sox game yesterday, it lasted 15 innings and I found myself wishing the sox would just win already so we could go home. I felt a little wierd about it because I have defended the Red Sox so much here already! But we get free tickets every once in awhile and the games are always crazy. Although I have heard cubs games are crazier, their tickets are harder to find at a price of $0 which is about what I can afford right now.
Living on a budget is definitely new and different and NOT fun. I wish I could say I loved the challenge but when I eat my 4th pb and j for the week I really am not loving it. We have a budget of $180 ish every week for food for 12 of us. Basically it means we don't have much snack food around and you have to get creative with lunch food. We aren't starving but we definitely have less food than we did at the beginning. I don't spend a lot of my stipend because we get invited to a lot of places with cheap or free food on the weekends (which is when we run out of food)
Anyway I just wanted to update on my life. This is my first 5 day week of school so I am going to be early to get a head start. I miss and love you all!
P.S. Uncle Jim the bar is called McGees and is on W Webster street right next to the church on the Depaul Campus. I even have the number on speed dial on my phone. Come visit and we can go to mass and drink after! haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bri, sir,
I'm so glad to have two updates to your blog this week! If you want to borrow the fluff cookbook your parents gave to Lindsay for college, let me know! Cheap meals, but make sure you take a vitamin!
Sandy
Post a Comment