Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wisconsin!
I am writing this post, completely avoiding going to the Y to work off the birthday cheesecake and cupcake I consumed today. Working at a school is really bad for your health. Especially those of us with a sweet tooth!
We have our first retreat this weekend in Wisconsin. I've never been to Wisconsin so I am pretty excited to finally travel a bit and take a much needed break from the craziness of everything! I am really starting to feel like I belong in my school. Kids recognize me and give me hugs and chat so I am excited that I have made some connections outside my classroom. It helps that I sell ice cream after school too!
Community life is going alright. We are just about to change jobs which means I will be off bathroom duty!!! I still struggle trying to balance out keeping in touch with friends from home and making connections everyday with my roommates. It's hard when there are 11 of them! I am learning to be more flexible in my expectations with things which is great because if you know me well you know I get my mind set on one thing and I don't like it to change. Oh the lessons I am learning.
On a fun note I got asked to answer some questions about myself and the program for a local paper for our neighborhood!!! This is our 25th year so our program is doing a lot of promotional things to get one of our projects some press. Also if you haven't done so yet go to the Amate House website (www.amatehouse.org) and look under current volunteers. Our lovely pictures are up (they are a little grainy)!
Let me know how things are going with all of you! I love hearing updates through here or my email brianna.roy@gmail.com !
Much love to all,
Bri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment